Instructional Guide for the California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 3
These Interactive Handouts are accessible electronically for students to complete, save, and submit online.
Save the Date
2015 Webinar will take place on Friday morning, April 24th, 2015. This webinar will focus on the Instructional Guide for the CA Preschool Curriculum Framework, Volume 3. For more details, send your contact information to email@example.com
Available for Download
Instructional Guide Resources
Hyperlinked Handouts providing easy access to multiple publications, instructional guides, and resources.
CDE/ECE Faculty Initiative Project
Welcome to the California Department of Education (CDE)/Early Childhood Education (ECE) Faculty Initiative Project. Funded by the California Department of Education (CDE), Early Education and Support Division (EESD), the CDE/ECE Faculty Initiative Project is a part of WestEd's Center for Child and Family Studies (CCFS).
The purpose of the CDE/ECE Faculty Initiative Project is to align and integrate essential content and competencies of key CDE/EESD materials and initiatives with core early childhood education curriculum of the California Community College (CCC) and the California State University (CSU) systems. Faculty will have information and resources to integrate content of the CDE initiatives and publications into unit-bearing coursework required for the attainment of college certificates, permits granted by the Commission for Teacher Credentialing (CTC), and campus graduation requirements.
Ensuring a well-prepared early childhood workforce at all levels of entry will lead to higher quality preschool programs and ultimately to improved outcomes for young children. The initiatives and publications to be addressed are:
- The Prekindergarten Learning and Development Guidelines (2000)
- The Desired Results System
- Preschool English Learners: Principles and Practices to Promote Language, Literacy, and Learning – A Resource Guide (Second Edition, 2009)
- California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 1 (2009)
- California Preschool Curriculum Framework, Volume 1 (2010)
- California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 2 (2010)
- California Preschool Curriculum Framework, Volume 2 (2011)
- California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 3 (2012)
- California Preschool Curriculum Framework, Volume 3 (2013)
- California Early Childhood Educator Competencies (2011)
- Additional documents as they are available and approved by EESD